Meeting now Sundays at 1:30pm at 6401 Bandera RdLEARN MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE
Grace Church San Antonio is part of the Grace International organization.
In over seventy five years of history, we have had four presidents. Our founder, O.C. Harms was a visionary leader with an evangelistic mindset. His brother, R. H. Harms, became our second president, who being an organizer, added structure to the organization. Under his leadership, in 1979, the name of the organization was changed to Christian Evangelistic Assemblies as a reflection of our continued growth and expansion. The mantle of the organization was then passed on to Orvel Taylor, who was installed as our third President. He was a relational leader who strove for an attitude of excellence in everything he and the organization did.
Today, we are under the direction of our fourth President, Steve Riggle. Steve is a visionary and motivator. He is also the Senior Pastor of Grace Community Church, with over 15,000 active members on three campuses in Houston, TX; The Woodlands, TX; and Oceanside, CA. Globally, the Grace International is currently serving over one hundred sixty five thousand members, twenty four hundred churches, in more than seventy countries. We embrace a vision of continued expansion and growth on a national and international level.
We expect multiplication of members, churches, and districts. Our vision includes the establishment of additional International Training Centers in strategic locations. Our vision is for the global community, yet we are committed to the importance of each individual member of Grace International. It is our goal to offer support, guidance, and credibility to each person involved. It is our desire to provide a strong foundation for ministry in today’s society through the relationships, resources and leadership of Grace International..
We expect multiplication of members, churches, and districts. Our vision includes the establishment of additional International Training Centers in strategic locations. Our vision is for the global community, yet we are committed to the importance of each individual member of Grace International. It is our goal to offer support, guidance, and credibility to each person involved. It is our desire to provide a strong foundation for ministry in today’s society through the relationships, resources and leadership of Grace International.
Chris & Teia O’Neil
Chris and Teia O’Neil have been pastoring in the region of southern Oregon for over ten years before being called to San Antonio. Their reality includes an ongoing partnership with the presence of God, while engaging others in His presence. Loving God, loving family, making friends, and helping people are core values they live by every day. They are both amazing pastors and worship leaders, and carry the gift of prophetic encouragement and discipleship. Chris is an impressive historian, as he studies and learns from the past great revivalists and moves of God, while ushering us into the current flow of the Spirit. They have a beautiful son named Gavin, who is a wonderful blessing and miracle to them.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, eternal Word of God.
II Timothy 3:16, 17; Hebrews 4:12; II Peter 1:21; Isaiah 40:8; Psalm 119:89, 160.
• We believe that there is one true God, eternally existent as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9-11; John 5:18, 23; 10: 29, 30; Psalm 139:7; I Corinthians 2:10,11; Hebrews 1: 5-12 (cf. Psalms 102: 25ff); Hebrews 9:14; II Corinthians 13:14.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
John 1: 1-5; 20:28; Colossians 1:15-17; Matthew 1:22, 23; 3:16, 17; II Corinthians 5:21; Romans 3:25; Matthew 28: 5-7; I Corinthians 15: 3-8; Acts 1: 9-11; 2: 32-33; Romans 8: 34; Ephesians 4:8-10; Hebrews 1: 2-3; I Thessalonians. 4:16-18.
• We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Salvation is by faith alone through grace alone. Both justification and sanctification are the works of the Holy Spirit in those who trust in Jesus.
John 3:5, 6; Titus 3:5, 6; Ephesians 2:8; Galatians 3:2-3; I Peter 1:2.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:9-11, 13-15; 15: 18,19; II Corinthians 1:21, 22; Ephesians 3: 14-19; 5: 18-20.
• We believe in the personal baptism with the Holy Spirit as received by believers “at the beginning.” We believe in the present day manifestation of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Church.
John 1:33; 20: 21-23; Acts 1:8; 2: 4; 4: 31; 8:17; 10: 44-46; 19: 3-6; Romans 12: 6-8; I Corinthians 12:13, 27-31; 14: 1-40; Ephesians 5:18.
• We believe in obeying the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment.
Matthew 22:37, 38; 28: 18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24: 46-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—of they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and of they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
John 5:28, 29; I Corinthians 15:20-23; Revelation 20:11-15.
• We believe in the sanctity of human life from the moment of conception to the time of death. All human life is precious in the sight of God.
Luke 1:15 Galatians 1:15; Psalm 22:10; 71:6; 139: 13-14. Mark 8:36; Psalm 72:14; Isaiah 43:4.
• We believe that marriage and family are institutions ordained by the Lord God Himself from the very beginning of human history and these are sacred institutions. Marriage is between one man and one woman. Any other definition of marriage is contrary to the clear teachings of the Holy Bible and hence against the expressed will of God.
Genesis 1:27-28; 2:20b-24; I Corinthians 7:2; Hebrews 13:4.
• We believe that God created men and women as sexual beings. Sexuality is an integral and beautiful part of creation. The Bible clearly teaches that any sexual act outside of marriage whether in thought, word, or deed is sin.
Genesis 1:27-28; Matthew 5:27-28; Proverbs 6:25-26; I Corinthians 6:9-10,18; I Thessalonians 4:3-8.
• We believe that unity regarding the foundational doctrines clearly taught in the Holy Bible is absolutely essential. At the same time we also affirm that we must accept one another in the love of Jesus recognizing that there are different styles and expressions of worship. All the members of the Body do not look alike. Together, we are the Body of Christ, called to build the Kingdom in harmony and agape love.
John 17:11; Romans 12:1-13; 14:1-23; I Corinthians 12:4-6; 27-28; Ephesians 4: 1-6.
“My house shall be called a house of prayer.” Matthew 21:13
Every Christian praying with someone every day
A HOUSE OF WORSHIP
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and truth.” John 4:24
Every Christian worshipping every day
LIVING IN THE WORD
“Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4
Every Christian reading the Word every day
INVITING PEOPLE TO THE KINGDOM
“Go out to the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” Luke 14:23
Every Christian inviting others to know Jesus
HOURS & ADDRESS
SUNDAYS AT 1:30 PM
6401 Bandera Rd, San Antonio TX 78238